EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help
User avatar
aacton
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:12 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by aacton » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:03 pm

poiko wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm Dark Mode improved once more :D
Nice improvements, thank you! Screen capture V10.0.4, Dark Mode on Windows 11. Huge improvement in the (window) edge definitions.
Attachments
2022-03-10 - EZ CD V10.0.4 - W11 - Dark Mode Improved Edge Visibility.jpg
2022-03-10 - EZ CD V10.0.4 - W11 - Dark Mode Improved Edge Visibility.jpg (744.06 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:17 pm

Ooops. :shock:

Needed a new update because the Windows File Explorer context menus did not work if the App was set to Dark Mode. Reason was that the window handle is recreated when switching to Dark Mode and the shell extension tried to communicate with the window handle that was created for initialization before the switch to Dark Mode.
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:32 pm

Some more Dark Mode fixed in v10.0.6 :shock:

There has been a huge amount of work and a lot of special adjustments in making the Dark Mode. Hopefully everything is fine now and we can focus on developing the other features of the program from now on. There's a quite big list of user requested features to do :D .
User avatar
coldun
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 am
Location: UA
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by coldun » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 am

I noticed that when the window is maximized, there is a gap on the right side through which you can click on the icons on the desktop.
It only happens on dark theme
Image
PS: I'm on Win8.1

PSS: However, if you drag the window to the edge of the desktop - there is no gap on right side
Image
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:27 am

coldun wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 am I noticed that when the window is maximized, there is a gap on the right side through which you can click on the icons on the desktop.
It only happens on dark theme
Image
PS: I'm on Win8.1

PSS: However, if you drag the window to the edge of the desktop - there is no gap on right side
Image
I just tested v10.0.6 on Windows 10 and Windows 11 and can't see this happening.

What Windows version do you have ? What screen resolution do you use ?
User avatar
coldun
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 am
Location: UA
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by coldun » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:35 am

Windows 8.1 x86 [32bit]
Screen resolution - 1600*900
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:01 pm

coldun wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:32 am I noticed that when the window is maximized, there is a gap on the right side through which you can click on the icons on the desktop.
It only happens on dark theme
Image
PS: I'm on Win8.1

PSS: However, if you drag the window to the edge of the desktop - there is no gap on right side
Image
I installed Windows 8.1 Pro [32-bit].
The problem does not exist. No problems with Dark Mode.

It may be a problem with the software you've integrated on your Desktop (shows "Media", "Skype", "Convert" colorful buttons on the top of your Desktop). What software is that ?
User avatar
coldun
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 am
Location: UA
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by coldun » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:03 am

poiko wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:01 pmWhat software is that ?
This software is called sTabLauncher, it's a launcher, similar to RocketDock, but with tabs. Hovewer, even after closing sTabLauncher, also closed Aero Glass for Win8+ (program, that makes windows borders transparent & blurred) - the problem still exist. :(
Robertson
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:00 pm
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by Robertson » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:32 pm

Hey Poiko! Thanks for the dark mode, it's great! :D
This software is the best audio converter ever, thanks for keeping it updated :wink:
yamasakiross
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by yamasakiross » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:17 am

poiko wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:32 pm Some more Dark Mode fixed in v10.0.6 :shock:

There has been a huge amount of work and a lot of special adjustments in making the Dark Mode. Hopefully everything is fine now and we can focus on developing the other features of the program from now on. There's a quite big list of user requested features to do :D .
Hi Poiko.
After so many tweaks and all the work you've done on the dark theme (including for Windows 10), I must say it's all excellent. The EZ is fully functional.
But I noticed this detail in dark theme:
Image

This doesn't get in the way at all and happens very fast just in that window, but is it expected behavior? Not sure if it happens when dark theme was based on Windows 11.
Anyway, it doesn't interfere with anything. It's just to let you know.
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:06 am

yamasakiross wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:17 am
poiko wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:32 pm Some more Dark Mode fixed in v10.0.6 :shock:

There has been a huge amount of work and a lot of special adjustments in making the Dark Mode. Hopefully everything is fine now and we can focus on developing the other features of the program from now on. There's a quite big list of user requested features to do :D .
Hi Poiko.
After so many tweaks and all the work you've done on the dark theme (including for Windows 10), I must say it's all excellent. The EZ is fully functional.
But I noticed this detail in dark theme:
Image

This doesn't get in the way at all and happens very fast just in that window, but is it expected behavior? Not sure if it happens when dark theme was based on Windows 11.
Anyway, it doesn't interfere with anything. It's just to let you know.
Unexpected behaviour. Happens with this specific file only or always ? Not happening in the light mode with the same file ? Can you post me the file to poiko *at* kolumbus.fi ?
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:26 am

poiko wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:06 am
yamasakiross wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:17 am
poiko wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:32 pm Some more Dark Mode fixed in v10.0.6 :shock:

There has been a huge amount of work and a lot of special adjustments in making the Dark Mode. Hopefully everything is fine now and we can focus on developing the other features of the program from now on. There's a quite big list of user requested features to do :D .
Hi Poiko.
After so many tweaks and all the work you've done on the dark theme (including for Windows 10), I must say it's all excellent. The EZ is fully functional.
But I noticed this detail in dark theme:
Image

This doesn't get in the way at all and happens very fast just in that window, but is it expected behavior? Not sure if it happens when dark theme was based on Windows 11.
Anyway, it doesn't interfere with anything. It's just to let you know.
Unexpected behaviour. Happens with this specific file only or always ? Not happening in the light mode with the same file ? Can you post me the file to poiko *at* kolumbus.fi ?
I am not able to reproduce in either Windows 10 or 11 or 32-bit or 64-bit (EZ CD 10.0.6). The FLAC file you tried to convert is corrupt and causes the failure (?), can you send me the file to poiko *at* kolumbus.fi ? Thank you.
yamasakiross
Bronze
Bronze
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by yamasakiross » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:40 am

poiko wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:26 am
poiko wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:06 am
yamasakiross wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:17 am

Hi Poiko.
After so many tweaks and all the work you've done on the dark theme (including for Windows 10), I must say it's all excellent. The EZ is fully functional.
But I noticed this detail in dark theme:
Image

This doesn't get in the way at all and happens very fast just in that window, but is it expected behavior? Not sure if it happens when dark theme was based on Windows 11.
Anyway, it doesn't interfere with anything. It's just to let you know.
Unexpected behaviour. Happens with this specific file only or always ? Not happening in the light mode with the same file ? Can you post me the file to poiko *at* kolumbus.fi ?
I am not able to reproduce in either Windows 10 or 11 or 32-bit or 64-bit (EZ CD 10.0.6). The FLAC file you tried to convert is corrupt and causes the failure (?), can you send me the file to poiko *at* kolumbus.fi ? Thank you.
It happens with every file I try to convert. It doesn't matter the output or input format.
This same "problem" occurs with other files. Anyway, it's just an aesthetic thing, it doesn't affect anything in the functioning. When it was based on Windows 11's dark theme I'm pretty sure this didn't happen.
I tested it in the light theme and everything seems to be ok. Nothing strange happens:
Image

I'm sending you the exact file of the gif, apparently everything is fine:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17QghP0 ... sp=sharing

ps: Windows 10 Enterprise x64
EZ MS Store version v10.0.6
User avatar
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: https://www.poikosoft.com
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by poiko » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:08 pm

Updated once more :D
Made the dark mode a bit darker (similar to Windows 10/11 dark mode design)
Now uses Windows 10 native dark mode windows (caption, border, shadow) just like in Windows 11
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (177.74 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
User avatar
thexfile
Gold
Gold
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Bear with me, I had a Stroke.
Contact:

Re: EZ CD Audio Converter Dark Mode

Post by thexfile » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:18 pm

It looks lovely and dark like my coffee. ☕ :D
Post Reply