Metadata Editor for Audio Files
General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

Bryan
Bronze
Bronze

Folder.jpg

Post by Bryan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Slightly confused. I use EZ-CD ripper, and always add my own scanned sleeve, which I include in the tags, for quality & consistency, but also keep a 'folder.jpg' in the folder. I thought I'd have a look at the Meta Tag Editor. Not only does it not 'see' the folder.jpg in the audio file's tags, but it doesn't see it in the folder. The only thing I can think of, is it doesn't play nice with WAV files.
The audio player I use sees it (J Player), Windows explorer sees it, as does WMP. So, am I missing something?

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder.jpg

Post by poiko » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:31 pm

EZ Meta Tag Editor does not works with embedded audio file metadata only. It does not handle external image files such as folder.jpg.

Bryan
Bronze
Bronze

Post by Bryan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:05 pm

If I read your replay correctly, it only works on the audio file tags?
But my audio WAV files also include a 'folder.jpg' image in the tags...but the image doesn't show up, when listing files in a folder, and choosing one. When ripping a CD, I scan the sleeve, as I've mentioned, and in the settings, I have the image resized, and saved to folder as 'folder.jpg', but I also include the image in the tags during ripping...but the image doesn't display. As I said, may be a WAV file thing.
Or are you saying the program only displays text in tags, but will import mage?

Just did a test...converted one of my WAV files to FLAC (which I use in portable player)..then opened it in the Meta Tag Editor, and the sleeve was displayed. So, by elimination, your program doesn't play nice with WAV files, despite my other tag editors doing so. Shame, I would have liked to add your tag editor to my small collection
So, the facts are...your CD ripper (my default) works well, and all ripped WAV files have the tags, including the sleeve image. But when I look at the tags of the same file with your 'Tag Editor'...it doesn't see the image...strange.
Although to be fair, If I move a WAV file to a separate folder, without the folder's 'Folder.jpg' then convert to FLAC..so, I end up with a folder, with a WAV file & a FLAC file. WMP will see the FLAC's image file...but not the WAV's image file...so, WMP doesn't play nice with WAV files either

See attached images, from another 'Tag Editor', which shows the sleeve in the tags.
Attachments
File 31.jpg
Bulk tag editor, again showing the sleeve image in the tags, but also the 'folder.jpg' image in the folder
File 31.jpg (720.28 KiB) Viewed 74 times
File 30.jpg
Single file, in tag editor, showing the sleeve image
File 30.jpg (199.72 KiB) Viewed 74 times

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:17 pm

I don't see any problems with embedded cover art in WAV file.
ezmetawavembeddedimage.png
ezmetawavembeddedimage.png (126.83 KiB) Viewed 53 times