General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

maxxzaxx
Bronze
Bronze

EZCD COMPARED WITH JRIVER

Post by maxxzaxx » Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 am

I have compared EZCD with Jriver and I find that :
1. EZCD is Much slower (with same settings such as Bit Rate and Bit Depth). Jirver is almost 50% faster!
2. Jrivew is less resource consuming on the CPU and RAM than EZCD!
3. If a source track is 5.0 or 4.0 channels, EZCD still rips it (auto or no option..only 5.1) to 5.1.
4. EZCD does not update or tag the the converted files from tags available on SACD naively!
5. In EZCD, there is error or garbage conversions if the PC resources are exceeding whereas I have not noticed this in Jriver for any conversions!
======================================================================================================
Hoping some of the features above are corrected in the next update!

Thanks and Regards

Marc.

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EZCD COMPARED WITH JRIVER

Post by poiko » Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 am

1) Doing what conversion ?
2) Doing what conversion ?
3) Depends of the output format, EZ CD Audio Converter supports 4.0 and 5.0 output for some formats and I am going to add more formats.
4) Tags are transferred from SACD ISO
5) Garbage, how ?

if (1) and (2) is doing conversion from SACD or DSD to PCM format then EZ CD Audio Converter may be slower and more resource consuming than JRiver, but you will also get much better audio quality and lower noise levels with EZ CD Audio Converter's precise DSD to PCM audio filters.

jeffhmason
New User

Post by jeffhmason » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:52 pm

I couldn't agree more. I've used JRiver for years and love it, but the reason I paid for EZCD is because the quality of the rips and, in particular, any conversions I perform (like 5.1 to 2.0 audio) is significantly better with EZCD. It's clear to me that Poiko has spent a lot of time and effort to get high quality output from this program. Who really cares if it uses up more system resources and takes longer if the quality is better? By the way, I have multiple programs I could use to convert 5.1 audio to 2.0; DVD Audio Extractor, JRiver, Foobar 2000 and DVDFab10. The resulting file conversion I get from EZCD blows them all away in terms of sound quality. Please keep up the great work!!

BuDz
New User

Post by BuDz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:44 am

I have come from Jriver because of bad conversions to dsf. loads of clicks etc. Since using EZCD i have had Zero issues converting Flac to DSD 128 every track sounds fantastic! So maybe a little slower but but some things in life are worth the wait and fantastic audio conversion is one of them . When is your player gonna be available Poiko cause i will be having that to. P.S. Dac used is Naim DAC V1 which is native DSD.

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:29 am

BuDz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:44 am I have come from Jriver because of bad conversions to dsf. loads of clicks etc. Since using EZCD i have had Zero issues converting Flac to DSD 128 every track sounds fantastic! So maybe a little slower but but some things in life are worth the wait and fantastic audio conversion is one of them . When is your player gonna be available Poiko cause i will be having that to. P.S. Dac used is Naim DAC V1 which is native DSD.
Glad to hear this :D

I really spent a lot of time developing full DSD support and focused on making DSD audio quality top notch.