Reactions to redesign of EZ Meta Tag Editor

Metadata Editor for Audio Files
General discussion / Request help
margolb
New User

Reactions to redesign of EZ Meta Tag Editor

Post by margolb » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:27 am

Like the redesign very much, especially the way it shows the cover art.

A few questions:

Can fields be added to the panel. For example, I use the "engineer" field and don't see it.

Is the cover art area supposed to be drag and drop. For example, I can drag and drop images from amazon into the square where you normally see cover art. However, I am not able to drag cover art from amazon to the shelf that appears above the tag panel, that shows all the cover art. Should I be able to do this?
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reactions to redesign of EZ Meta Tag Editor

Post by poiko » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:57 pm

>> Can fields be added to the panel. For example, I use the "engineer" field and don't see it.

Metadata panel cannot be customized. There's a plan to allow that. You can modify all metadata tags and add custom tags in the Metadata Window:

Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (60.96 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
>> Is the cover art area supposed to be drag and drop. For example, I can drag and drop images from amazon into the square where you normally see cover art. However, I am not able to drag cover art from amazon to the shelf that appears above the tag panel, that shows all the cover art. Should I be able to do this?

Drag n Drop images from external sources to image files (the area showing image files in the folder) nor large image window is not (yet) implemented.

I look forward to improve the App. Currently focusing on EZ CD Audio Converter v12.3 and v13 updates.
mitebbots
Bronze
Bronze

Post by mitebbots » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am

I am not seeing the post with redesign.

I would like to be able to add multiple folders for box sets.

ORIGINALYEAR would be recording date? maybe I can add this tag permanently and can add automatically?

when searching for say... discogs by album ID I never get a reply.

for classical music thinking about leaving out Album Artist tag. putting "Chicago Symphony Orchestra; James Levine; YoYo Ma" in the Artist tag?

Is there a better tag database for classical? paid would be fine.

ECDAC is excellent! Thank you!
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am

mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am
For example, I can drag and drop images from amazon into the square where you normally see cover art. However, I am not able to drag cover art from amazon to the shelf that appears above the tag panel, that shows all the cover art. Should I be able to do this?
This feature is not implemented as yet. You can drag n drop files but not URLs. I added it TODO-list for EZ Meta Tag Editor.
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am I would like to be able to add multiple folders for box sets.
EZ Meta Tag Editor interface is designed to work on per-folder basis.
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am ORIGINALYEAR would be recording date? maybe I can add this tag permanently and can add automatically?
ORIGINALYEAR is the "original recording of the audio" e.g. on remastered albums
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am when searching for say... discogs by album ID I never get a reply.
Search by Discogs release id not implemented. Added to TODO-list.
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am for classical music thinking about leaving out Album Artist tag. putting "Chicago Symphony Orchestra; James Levine; YoYo Ma" in the Artist tag?
+1
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am Is there a better tag database for classical? paid would be fine.
There seems not to be such a database for classical music that could be used.
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am ECDAC is excellent! Thank you!
yxz11
New User

Post by yxz11 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:49 am

poiko wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am I would like to be able to add multiple folders for box sets.
EZ Meta Tag Editor interface is designed to work on per-folder basis.
This is very useful for box sets, please consider adding this feature
poiko wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am
mitebbots wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:08 am Is there a better tag database for classical? paid would be fine.
There seems not to be such a database for classical music that could be used.
The tag from Spotify is actually very good, could you please consider adding Spotify as a source