Output folder is not exactly the expected folder, but ...

Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help
derkleinemicha
Bronze
Bronze

Output folder is not exactly the expected folder, but ...

Post by derkleinemicha » Sat May 25, 2024 1:38 am

I have ticked the "Output folder" and unticked the "Rename files".

Then, when I convert mp3 files in folder

D:\Folder1\Subfolder1\

to

D:\Folder2

the resulting files will not be saved in D:\Folder2 as expected, but instead in

D:\Folder2\Subfolder1\

That might be practical (or at least funny) as long as the original superior folder is a DIFFERENT folder than the desired output folder.

In my case this unexpected behaviour unfortuntely destroyed my original files, because I wanted to have the files from

be converted to its superior folder, i.e. to

D:\Folder1\

The expected result would have been that the original files are still untouched and located in

and the converted files to be saved in

D:\Folder1\

But no, the resulting files

are stored AGAIN in

and actually replaced the original files, because - as mentioned - I unticked the "Rename Files" option and left the output format as mp3 (just with lower bit rate).

I definitely didn't want my original files with high bit rate to be replaced in the SAME folder, because I have intentionally given the superior folder, and not the same folder!

So PLEASE change this behaviour in the way that only EXACTLY the desired Output Folder will be used as Output Folder, and not some new subfolder which was not given there and "copied" from the original folder.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Michael
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Output folder is not exactly the expected folder, but ...

Post by poiko » Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 am

If you set the Output Folder to

And add SubFolder1 from

D:\Folder1

The Output Path will be

D:\Folder2\SubFolder1

which is the correct behaviour

If you set the Output Folder to

And add files from

D:\Folder1\SubFolder1\

The Output Path will be

D:\Folder2\

which is the correct behaviour

I.e. the source folder structure is preserved. If you add a folder to the list then the folder is created to the specified output path.

There is the option to not overwrite existing files, from and filename preview to check the output paths/files prior conversion.
derkleinemicha
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Output folder is not exactly the expected folder, but ...

Post by derkleinemicha » Sat May 25, 2024 1:54 pm

Hmmm, then I got confused by the (so far seen by me) different behaviour in the File Converter and the CD Ripper, because the CD Ripper is always track based.

Aaaah, now I see the difference :shock: .... when I select all files of a folder in Windows Explorer from the RIGHT Explorer window (instead of simply using the folder that also contains all these files in the LEFT Explorer window), then not the folder structure is presaved, but only the files are selected :D

Cool, after all these decades with your tool I still learn "new" (okay, "always there" :wink: ) features :idea:

THANKS A LOT!