Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help
paulster
Silver
Silver

FLAC TRACKNUMBER=nn/NN DLL

Post by paulster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:40 am

Hi

Can I get attic links for version 2.6 32-bit and 64-bit please.

I can't use the newer versions unless there is support for the old DISC X/Y and TRACK X/Y behaviour, and I didn't upgrade past 2.5 before I noticed this change in behaviour.

Thanks.
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Link to 2.6

Post by poiko » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:25 am

*old link removal*

Vorbis & FLAC Comments:

"Current standard":

TRACKNUMBER=N
TRACKTOTAL=N
DISCNUMBER=N
DISCTOTAL=N

"old way":
TRACKNUMBER=N/T
DISCNUMBER=N/T

EZ CD Audio Converter v2.7++ will read both formats. And when metadata is saved it will use the "current standard".

Solutions for you:

1) Use the "current standard". You can load all files that have "old way" to the Audio Converter, and save their metadata again. Now the files are using the "current standard".

2) You can take the FLAC DLL files (*_flac.dll) from v2.6 and copy them to newer version install folder. It will work and the "old way" is used.

3) Leave old files intact and use the "current standard" from now on. All players should be able to interpret both formats.
paulster
Silver
Silver

Post by paulster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks for the link. Is that the 32-bit or 64-bit version? I use both versions depending on which machine I rip from.

If I can copy the FLAC DLLs over to the new version then that's great, and will give me what I need.

For your information, the 'new' format isn't a standard yet. It is proposed, but isn't actually confirmed.

I have a workflow where I rip to FLAC, and then encode MP3s and other formats for all my players, and then have synchronisation between the different repositories so that if I update a FLAC tag it will be detected and replicated out to the other file types, or if I were to edit the audio content in the FLAC then that would cause corresponding re-encodes.

So I don't want to have to change all my logic and have to support two different tagging schemes, particularly as I have tag replication coded, tested, and working across a variety of players. I also don't want to have to go back and re-rag a terabyte of music and then deal with all the resynchronisation headaches that this will cause across my different player types.
soma01
Bronze
Bronze

Post by soma01 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:59 pm

paulster
Silver
Silver

Post by paulster » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:51 am

Poiko

Will this method of swapping out the FLAC DLLs work with Version 4?

I still need the old TRACKNUMBER xx/yy behaviour, so if this method still works with V4 then I'll upgrade and do that, or I'll have to stick with 3.1.7.

Thanks
Paul
paulster
Silver
Silver

3.1.7 total tracks including data track

Post by paulster » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:09 am

Running 3.1.7 with the older FLAC library to get tracknumbers in the former xx/yy format, but I've noticed that on discs with a data track at the end, the track count including the data track is getting passed to the library, so the total tracks written is one too many.
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [ Solved ] EZ CD 4.x.x FLAC TRACKNUMBER=nn/NN mod

Post by poiko » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:51 am

https://download.poikosoft.com/misc/EZC ... _nn.NN.zip

Instructions:
Unzip metm_flac.dll and encm_flac.dll to C:\Program Files\EZ CD Audio Converter\

Note:
This FLAC metadata version writes total tracks metadata to TRACKNUMBER metadata field, e.g. TRACKNUMBER=1/12.

Normal EZ CD Audio Converter behavior is that the total tracks is written to the standard TRACKTOTAL metadata field.
paulster
Silver
Silver

Re: [ Solved ] FLAC TRACKNUMBER=nn/NN DLL

Post by paulster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:14 am

Just tried this on 4.0.1 with the new DLLs and it's writing the track numbers as xx/yy, but is still including the data track in the total track count, so my disc with 12 audio tracks and a data track is wring track numbers as 01/13 up to 12/13, when they should actually be 01/12 up to 12/12.
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 am

paulster wrote:Just tried this on 4.0.1 with the new DLLs and it's writing the track numbers as xx/yy, but is still including the data track in the total track count, so my disc with 12 audio tracks and a data track is wring track numbers as 01/13 up to 12/13, when they should actually be 01/12 up to 12/12.
It's because the total track metadata was read from local database. You can change the total tracks in the Audio CD Ripper UI. For new CDs that are not in the local db yet, audio tracks are correctly detected.
paulster
Silver
Silver

Post by paulster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 pm

I deleted the local database (the cddb file and directory), so it downloaded the track information again. It still included the data track in the count.

Is there something else I should have deleted?
poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:09 pm

paulster wrote:I deleted the local database (the cddb file and directory), so it downloaded the track information again. It still included the data track in the count.

Is there something else I should have deleted?
I thought I fixed it earlier, but now that you mentioned it again, I noticed that I fixed it only partially. It is fixed now, in v4.0.3++.
paulster
Silver
Silver

Post by paulster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm

poiko wrote:I thought I fixed it earlier, but now that you mentioned it again, I noticed that I fixed it only partially. It is fixed now, in v4.0.3++.
Thanks. Did you intend to release 4.0.3 already, or are you waiting to include other fixes in it? The site is still showing 4.0.2.