Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

blabibo
Bronze
Bronze

Cover art loaded from music folder

Post by blabibo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Cover Art 'Load' does not open the location of the currently selected audio file, but uses the default or last used location.

This is not working well. I had adjusted my routine to loading the art from the music folder. Now I have to go back on that and create a main image folder :( And even that is not working well, after a computer restart (or using CCleaner) EZCD doesn't remember the image folder anyway. So I spend my time constantly searching for the music folder with the image in it, or the thumbnails image folder. It's a pain, really.

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cover art loaded from music folder

Post by poiko » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm

EZ CD Audio Converter uses Windows IFileOpenDialog.

It saves the instance data. First time you open a file or directory it goes to default folder. Afterwards it will open the last used folder.

There are several instances (that save their own state) in EZ CD Audio Converter:

Instance 1) Audio CD Ripper: Browse for a Folder
Instance 2) Audio Converter: Browse for a Folder
Instance 3) Audio CD Ripper and Audio Converter: Load Cover Art
Instance 4) Add files or folder to Audio Converter or Disc Burner (when not using drag n drop)

blabibo
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Cover art loaded from music folder

Post by blabibo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Still, I think that with the implementation of the cover art feature (resizing/copying) it makes more sense now to load the art directly from the music folder which is being edited. Users don't have to make the cover art anymore, they can just store all their scans in the album folder, and when editing the metadata or converting, select the appropriate scan and let EZCD do the work of resizing etc. Anyway, that's just my opinion.