Software hangs upon execution Win 10 - 64-bit [Broken DVD drive fixed]

Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

ToneMonster15
New User

Software hangs upon execution Win 10 - 64-bit [Broken DVD drive fixed]

Post by ToneMonster15 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

I've been a LONG time user of EZ CD Converter (since 2007 when it was called "Easy CD-DA Extractor "Professional") and have had no troubles with it until I recently upgraded to a brand new PC with a fresh install of Win10 64-bit. I downloaded and installed version 8.0.7.1. When I execute the program it appears to be open but it hangs and won't allow manipulation. It doesn't crash the PC, I can still open other programs but EZ CD never becomes enabled. Windows "Task Manager" can't shut it down. If I use Windows to restart or shut-off the PC it still runs. I have to pull the plug. Anyone else having a similar issue? I love this software and have tried a few others but none have the capabilities or streamlined workflow as this. I'm an amateur musician and record my shows live with Reaper and then create MP3 "albums" using EZ CD Converter. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Software hangs upon execution Win 10 - 64-bit

Post by poiko » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:03 pm

You did install 64-bit version of EZ CD Audio Converter ? (Installer said "64-bit"?)

It does not seem to be a general problem with the software but it may be a conflict with an on-access anti-virus software you are running on your computer. What anti-virus software and version you have on your computer ?

If you install the software from Microsoft Store, does it work ?

ToneMonster15
New User

Post by ToneMonster15 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks! I'm running the Windows Defender and no other 3rd party anti-virus. I installed the EZ CD AC version from the Microsoft store and the same thing happens. I did notice the other day that my DVD drive is not working. I have a new one arriving in a couple days. Perhaps the broken DVD drive is hanging the software. I'll report back when I get the new drive in. My PC is pretty lean, I don't have much loaded on it. I'm hopeful the DVD drive will correct it.

ToneMonster15
New User

Post by ToneMonster15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm

OK, problem solved! It was the DVD drive that was hanging the software. I unplugged it and the software fired right up. The new DVD burner hasn't arrived but I have no doubt there will be no issues. The software appears to have been addressing the hardware and when the hardware wouldn't communicate, the software hung. Or something like that. Look forward to making more digital "albums". Thanks for the response.

ToneMonster15
New User

Re: Software hangs upon execution Win 10 - 64-bit [Broken DVD drive fixed]

Post by ToneMonster15 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Software works with the new DVD drive. Good to go!