Add Support for LPCM format found on DVD Audio Discs

Request new software features

Moderator: poiko

adamj777
New User

Add Support for LPCM format found on DVD Audio Discs

Post by adamj777 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:22 pm

Hello! I've been a long-time user of this software and I love what you have done to improve it over the years!

Recently, I purchased several of the Steven Wilson Remixes of Jethro Tull's albums. These are presented in a very fine book format with CDs and DVDs. The DVDs contain both video sources and high-resolution audio sources. Most audio sources are in LPCM Stereo 96/24 and DTS or AC3 5.1 Surround at 48/24. I am unable to open these or extract them with EZ CD Audio Converter so I use DVD Audio Extractor, which is a very nice little tool but a little on the rudimentary side when compared to EZCDAC.

In order to get the best quality track from the DVD, I can export the LPCM file directly using DVDAE. However, I then want to convert it to FLAC and/or a more portable OGG/M4A format for various devices in my home. (When it comes to decoding support, those damn car audio systems seem to remain permanently stuck in the late 90s!)

It would be great if EZCDAC was able to fully support ripping from DVD Audio and mixed-media discs. (Would it then become EZ CD/DVD Audio Converter?) ;-) However, just having the ability to convert from the ubiquitous LPCM format would be sufficient. (The Motorola PCM; not Intel.)

I really like the flexibility of EZCDAC. I like having one tool that does it all and does it well. And, with High-Resolution or HD Audio formats becoming more popular, I anticipate DVD and BD media becoming much more prevalent.

In any case, thanks so much for tirelessly keeping EZCDAC up to date and expanding its features! You folks are doing a marvelous job!

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add Support for LPCM format found on DVD Audio Discs

Post by poiko » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 pm

DVD Audio ripping requires copy protection removal. It would be illegal to provide a software that circumvents the copy protection (Europe + USA).

If you can send me one example LPCM file I can take a look at it. I think it will be possible to add decoding support for DVD Audio LPCM files.

You can send me a link to download via https://www.poikosoft.com/contact

I will use the file for testing purposes only.

adamj777
New User

Re: Add Support for LPCM format found on DVD Audio Discs

Post by adamj777 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks! Just sent you a link to a file for your inspection.