[ Fixed ] Metadata after switching from Audio CD Ripper to Audio Converter, changing CD and go back to Audio CD Ripper

Tell us if the software is behaving badly

Moderator: poiko

davefox
Bronze
Bronze

Re: [ Fixed ] Metadata after switching from Audio CD Ripper to Audio Converter, changing CD and go back to Audio CD Ripp

Post by davefox » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 am

Thanks for the quick fix. I'll try it out this weekend when I get some new discs.

Just curious. What's the binary file in the cddb folder used for? It looked like these files were normally deleted when I ripped the disc. But they weren't deleted once this glitch occurred. Was this associated with the issue you corrected?

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [ Fixed ] Metadata after switching from Audio CD Ripper to Audio Converter, changing CD and go back to Audio CD Ripp

Post by poiko » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:28 am

Binary files are cover art. They are saved without the file extension because they can be different image formats. The image format is detected from the file header. If you change or delete cover art from ui, then the files get deleted from the local db. There were no other issues than the logic error of saving the metadata in the wrong point.