Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

davefox
Bronze
Bronze

Double-clicking the musical notes symbol

Post by davefox » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 am

In past versions, you were able to double-click to the left of an item in the track list panel and it would start playing the track.

In the current version, there's a small button on the left with a pair of eighth notes. With that symbol, I'd expect it to do the same thing -- play the track. Instead, it brings up the metadata window. Is this a bug or just a misleading symbol?

One other UI comment. At some point, the app started flashing the window title bar at the conclusion of a rip if the window isn't focused. I'm often working on other things while ripping, and I find the flashing annoying. The app already plays a sound and flashes a notification in the taskbar, both of which are standard Windows notification techniques. Flashing the title bar isn't generally used for notifications like that. I'd vote to get rid of it. :)

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Double-clicking the musical notes symbol

Post by poiko » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Double-clicking item will intentionally show the all metadata window. Play has been put to right-click context menu.

I can change it so that double-clicking the notes-icon will do Play action. And double-clicking anywhere else will show the metadata window.

The flashing notification for completed ripping/conversion has been there for over ten years (?) never got feedback it is annoying.

Thanks. It is always nice to get feedback. Sometimes small things matter.

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 pm

So I changed it :) .

Double click Musical Notes icon = Play
Click on Play icon = Stop
Click on Pause icon = Resume
Double click anywhere = Edit metadata

I find it useful to have flashing task bar button (when ripping/converting/burning has been finished) if the main window in inactive. I hope it does not annoy you too much :roll: .

davefox
Bronze
Bronze

Post by davefox » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Funny, I never noticed it before. I must be getting more sensitive as I get older. :D

Thanks for the button change. Just curious ... what do folks use the metadata window for? What does it do that you can't do from the regular tracks pane?