Music Converter | CD Ripper | Disc Burner
General discussion / Request help

Moderator: poiko

blabibo
Silver
Silver

Drag and drop JPG image becomes PNG

Post by blabibo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:46 am

Whenever I drag an image from Bandcamp into EZCD, the JPG image from Bandcamp become a PNG image in EZCD. Is there a way to keep the file format?

edit: same with Amazon. If I drag the JPG image it becomes a PNG image in EZCD. And if I copy then paste the image it becomes a BMP image!

aacton
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Drag and drop JPG image becomes PNG

Post by aacton » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Hello blabibo,

You can set your preferred image format (.jpg, .png, ...) in the EZ CD Options. Any images will be saved in that format.

Attached screen shot shows the option you need.
EZ CD Options for Cover Image.jpg
EZ CD Options for Cover Image.jpg (164.5 KiB) Viewed 565 times
Regards, Andrew

blabibo
Silver
Silver

Post by blabibo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm

I know that but that setting is only applied when converting. I'm talking about drag & drop. Test it (with Bandcamp or Amazon) and you'll see that the dragged JPG image has become either PNG or BMP in EZCD.

aacton
Bronze
Bronze

Post by aacton » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi blabibo,

I note you say 'drag' the image (from Bandcamp and/or Amazon). I have never used that method (i.e. 'drag')

I normally SELECT the image from the candidate(s) found via the metadata search. After I select the image a preview is shown in the main screen.

I just changed my cover file specification to MyPNG.png and the DISCOGS cover image (the album cover file is .JPG in this case) and the EZCD result was SAVED as MyPNG.png. I have also confirmed the file is type .png (not just 'called' .png.

So the cover artwork saving seems okay (it obeys the chosen name.format).

What happens if you use METADATA -> MANUAL SEARCH... -> Discogs and then SELECT a target cover?

Andrew

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Sat May 01, 2021 1:04 pm

blabibo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm I know that but that setting is only applied when converting. I'm talking about drag & drop. Test it (with Bandcamp or Amazon) and you'll see that the dragged JPG image has become either PNG or BMP in EZCD.
If you drag n drop the image directly from browser, the browser may send the image via clipboard and converts to uncompressed format (bmp) which becomes png in EZ CD by default.

What you should do ? Right-click the image, save on your computer, then load to EZ CD Audio Converter (will stay as jpg)

blabibo
Silver
Silver

Post by blabibo » Thu May 20, 2021 12:03 pm

poiko wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:04 pm
blabibo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm I know that but that setting is only applied when converting. I'm talking about drag & drop. Test it (with Bandcamp or Amazon) and you'll see that the dragged JPG image has become either PNG or BMP in EZCD.
If you drag n drop the image directly from browser, the browser may send the image via clipboard and converts to uncompressed format (bmp) which becomes png in EZ CD by default.

What you should do ? Right-click the image, save on your computer, then load to EZ CD Audio Converter (will stay as jpg)
Thanks for the explanation. EAC doesn't do that, dropped images in EAC stay in their original format. It would be nice if EZCD behaved the same way, it is so much easier than saving then loading (I'm super lazy, I know :lol: ).

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Thu May 20, 2021 8:10 pm

I will take a look into this

blabibo
Silver
Silver

Post by blabibo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Actually there's an option in the EAC settings to convert BMP to JPG. Maybe that's why images in EAC are always JPG?

EAC BMP-JPG.jpg
EAC BMP-JPG.jpg (3.8 KiB) Viewed 177 times

poiko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by poiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:03 am

blabibo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:46 am Whenever I drag an image from Bandcamp into EZCD, the JPG image from Bandcamp become a PNG image in EZCD. Is there a way to keep the file format?

edit: same with Amazon. If I drag the JPG image it becomes a PNG image in EZCD. And if I copy then paste the image it becomes a BMP image!
I tested it with EZ CD Audio Converter 9.3.2

JPG files drag'n'dropped from Amazon.com and Bandcam.com keeps the original JPEG format. Tested with Chrome (latest) and Edge (Windows 10 latest).

I am wondering what is causing the JPEG -> PNG conversion on your computer. It should keep the PNG format only if the source image is PNG.

blabibo
Silver
Silver

Post by blabibo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:17 am

poiko wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:03 am I am wondering what is causing the JPEG -> PNG conversion on your computer. It should keep the PNG format only if the source image is PNG.
It seems to be a Firefox problem (or the way EZCD interacts with Firefox). I just tested with the image from a Bandcamp page. If I drag it from the web page to EZCD using Firefox the image becomes PNG. But if I use Edge it stays in JPG!